The Grand Council of Sigma Omicron Epsilon, Inc. was created in April 2006 to serve as the national governing body of the organization. The Grand Council is a collaborative network, made up of active alumni and graduate chapter sisters.
Grand Council strives to uphold the pillars, mission and values of SOE. Our primary goals are:
- To oversee the Sorority’s national operations and management; including partnership development, philanthropic efforts, community service and outreach.
- To provide support and serve as a resource for undergraduate chapters and other Native American Organizations, on and off campus.
- To facilitate opportunities to strengthen the bond of sisterhood.
- To promote increased enrollment and retention of Native American women in higher education.
- To raise awareness in regards to challenges faced by and contributions of Native Americans.